DIY Packages FAQ
1. What is included in the full package?The only thing you will need to supply are your own scissors, clippers, and buckets. The full package includes, containers or vases, flowers, floral tape, ribbon, pins, and anything else you may need to create the floral designs.
2. What is the full package isn’t big enough?Feel free to add to your package by ordering any of our A La Carte items.
3. Can I just order a single A La Carte item?You bet! Order as much or as little as you need. We encourage everyone thinking of ordering an entire package to order as least one A La Carte centerpiece so that you can practice and decide if this is a project you can do.
4. Can I substitute?Yes. Often times substitutions are free of charge, however, there are some instances where a substitution fee will apply. If you need to change anything call us at 559-276-1200 and we can walk you through the process.
5. Will my order come fully assembled?No silly. This is a Do-It-Yourself project. We provide you all the materials you need and you get to enjoy being creative and adding your special touches to the arrangements.
6. How do I arrange my flowers?Upon shipping your order, we will include a PDF file that will be emailed to you that will show you step-by-step instructions as well as a recipe for each component. This way you know how many flowers to use in each design. We have designed our packages to be super easy to assemble because the last thing we want is a stressed out bride.
7. How long will it take to arrange my flowers?Depends on your skill level and if you have any help. In general, we have designed each centerpiece to take no more than 20 minutes to assemble. Of course, the first one will take the longest. However, each subsequent centerpiece will take less and less time as you get more practice. Bouquets tend to take anywhere between 20-40 minutes. Boutonnieres typically take about 10 minutes each to complete.
8. When should I assemble my flowers?This all depends on the time of year, if your event is indoors or outdoors, and if you have a cooler or some other place you can put your finished product in. In general, we recommend putting the flowers together the day of. However, if you have a cooler or a cool space then you can easily assemble as early as two days before the event. Just remember, flowers are a perishable product and they must be treated as so.
9. When should my flowers arrive?If your event is on a Saturday then we recommend having your flowers arrive 2 days before your event. This will give you enough time to unpack and process the flowers (at least 24 hours) and then an entire day to assemble. Please keep in mind that it is highly recommended that you have a cool place to store the flowers. Flowers are in heaven if you can store them in an area that is around 45-60 degrees.
10. How much is shipping?If you are in the Fresno area you are welcome to pick up your order at our studio. If your order is over $500.00 then shipping is free. If your order falls below that price point please call us at the studio for a shipping quote.
11. How much money will I save by doing my own flowers?This depends on where you live but in general we have found that the average bride saves between 25%-35%! That’s a lot of moola.
12. When do I need to place my order for DIY Packages?All orders need to be placed at least four weeks in advance. This ensures that we can procure all of the flowers needed from our farmers.